Ultium Battery Degradation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlayerGust

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting a Silverado EV, but I'm worried about the battery life. Do you know if the Ultium platform has any issues with losing capacity over time? Is there anything I should be aware of before buying one?

Hybrids and EVs can have battery problems when they get old. One lousy cell can mess up the whole pack. My Highlander hybrid bit the dust. We got new EVs, crossing our fingers they're better. Solar batteries can go bad too, even with warranty. EVs need some TLC too, or they can be toast.

Hybrids and EVs can have battery problems when they get old. One lousy cell can mess up the whole pack. My Highlander hybrid bit the dust. We got new EVs, crossing our fingers they're better. Solar batteries can go bad too, even with warranty. EVs need some TLC too, or they can be toast.
To add to this, since the Ultium batteries are relatively new to the EV world, there isn't much information available about how they perform over time. However, most EV companies now claim that their batteries will retain at least 70% of their power after 8 years, and Chevy is no exception with the Silverado EV.

Thank you for easing my worries about how long this thing will last. My mind has been racing, trying to figure out why it can't possibly be this good. Good on them for taking their sweet time and hopefully building a tank! Again, I appreciate you guys!

They are offering free maintenance services when it reach the terms stated in the insurance. With the Silverado EV, I have complete faith in the quality of their EV. Their Ultium lithium-ion can be the best battery system on the market, partnering with LG is a great idea and because of that I trust in the quality of the battery even more.

Join the Chevy Silverado EV Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back