Mid-Gate mystery!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TechieTristan

Reaction score
A total Silverado enthusiast here, but a question about the Avalanche has been bugging me. Those Avalanche mid-gates look super handy, but how exactly do they work? From pictures, it seems like folding it down exposes the entire back cabin to the elements? Is that right, or can you put it in different positions to create a smaller cabin with a long bed?

Also curious if anyone knows if the new Silverado EV with its midgate has a similar setup (open cabin) or if they improved it? The 60/40 split with a window option sounds way more flexible! Any Avalanche or Silverado EV drivers out there?

It's nice to know that Chevy is still keeping that feature up until now. My dad had a Chevy Avalanche when I was a teen. T'was a reliable truck and I really loved the midgate function. It didn't have a 60/40 split fold though, but the window was removable, really useful when we're carrying long items.

Just chiming in with my experience! Owned my standard range and racked up 20k miles. Last reset was 6 months ago, and in that time I've averaged 4.3 mi/kWh (20.2 kWh/100 mi) and pretty happy with that! Most driving is around town, but I've also done some long trips. I'm surprised by the efficiency actually.

Join the Chevy Silverado EV Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back